A Novel Wideband Microstrip Patch Antenna for Satellite Applications
In this paper bandwidth enhanced microstrip patch antenna has been proposed for satellite communications. The bandwidth has been increased using parasitic patches. The size of the proposed antenna is 15x8 mm2. It has been observed that the antenna has a bandwidth of 4.08GHz, a return loss of 49.07 dB at the center frequency, a maximum gain of 8.25 dBi and total efficiency of more than 90%. This antenna can be prospective candidate for satellite communications.
2. J. Q. Howell, “Microstrip antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, AP-23, 1975.
3. H. D. Weinschel, “Progress report on development of microstrip cylindrical arrays for sounding rockets,” Phys. and Sci. Lab., New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, 1973.
4. G. G. Sanford, “Conformal microstrip phased array for aircraft tests with ATS-6,” Proc. Nat. Electronic Conf., 29, 1974.
5. J. R. James and G. J. Wilson, “New design technique for microstrip antenna arrays,” Proceedings of 5th European Microwave Conference, pp. 102-106, 1975.
6. G. W. Garvin, R. E. Munson, L. T. Ostwald and K. G. Schroeder, “Low profile electrically small missile based mounted microstrip antennas,” Dig. Int. Symp. Antennas Propag. Soc., pp. 244-247, 1975.
7. C. A. Balanis. “Antenna Theory Analysis and Design”. New York: Wiley, 3rd Edition, 2005.
8. jana, S., Sinhamahapatra, B., Dey, S., Das, A., Datta, B., Mukherjee, M., Chowdhury, S.K. and Chatterjee, S. Single layer monopole hexagonal microstrip patch antenna for satellite television. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE), ISSN, pp.2231-2307, 2013.
9. Sinhamahapatra, B., Jana, S., Dey, S., Das, A., Datta, B., Mukherjee, M. and Chatterjee, S. Dual-Band Size Deducted Un-Equal Arm Y-Shaped Printed Antenna for Satellite Communication. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development (IJERD), e-ISSN, pp.36-40, 2013.
10. Saluja, R., A. L. Krishna, P. K. Khanna, D. Sharma, P. Sharma, and H. C. Pandey. "Analysis of bluetooth patch antenna with different feeding techniques using simulation and optimization." In Recent Advances in Microwave Theory and Applications, 2008. MICROWAVE 2008. International Conference on, pp. 742-744. IEEE, 2008.
11. Azim, R., Islam, M. T., & Misran, N. Dual polarized microstrip patch antenna for Ku-band application. Informacije MIDEM, 41(2), 114-117, 2011.
12. Dubey, S.K., Pathak, S.K. and Modh, K.K., 2011, December. High gain multiple resonance Ku-band microstrip patch antenna. In Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC), 2011 IEEE (pp. 1-3). IEEE.
13. Misran, N., Islam, M.T., Yusob, N.M. and Mobashsher, A.T., 2009, August. Design of a compact dual band microstrip antenna for ku-band application. InElectrical Engineering and Informatics,. ICEEI'09. International Conference on (Vol. 2, pp. 699-702) 2009.
14. Samsuzzaman, M., Islam, M.T., Yatim, B. and Ali, M.M.,. Dual frequency triangular slotted microstrip patch antenna for Ku band applications. Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, 89(1), pp.275-279, 2013.
15. M. T. Islam, N. Misran, and A. T. Mobashsher, “Compact dual band microstrip antenna for Ku-band application,” Information Technology Journal, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 354–358, 2010.
16. Malisuwan, S., Sivaraks, J., Madan, N. and Suriyakrai, N., Design of Microstrip Patch Antenna for Ku-Band Satellite Communication Applications.International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering, 3(6), p.413, 2014.
17. Chodavadiya, V.V. and Aggarwal, S.S., April. Microstrip Patch Antenna Design for Ku Band Application. In International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (Vol. 3, No. 4 IJERT 2014.
18. N. M. Nor, M. H. Jamaluddin, M. R. Kamarudin, and M. Khalily, “Rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antenna Array for 28GHz Applications”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 63, 53-61, 2016.
19. Bashar B. Qas Elias, “A Wideband Microstrip Patch Antenna for KU-Band Applications” American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS) ISSN (Print) 2313-4410, ISSN (Online) 2313-4402.