DESIGN OF MINITURISED MIMO ANTENNA WITH W-LAN BAND NOTCHED FOR ULTRA WIDE BAND (UWB) APPLICATIONS
A miniaturized Multi-input Multi-output (MIMO) antenna is proposed for Ultra-wideband (UWB) applications having capability to mitigate interference with the WLAN (5.15GHZ-5.85GHZ) operating band. A ‘spider’ shape structure is etched on the ground as a decoupling structure to obtain impedance matching as well as desired isolation. W-LAN notched band in the entire Ultra Wide band is obtained by etching a couple of straight line on the ground plane. A very compact UWB-MIMO antenna with overall dimension of 20×20 mm2 has been proposed which is smaller than most of other MIMO antennas designed for UWB. Impedance bandwidth for the proposed MIMO antenna is 2.9-11.1GHz with -10dB refection coefficient and isolation better than -16.5dB in the total Ultra Wide band is achieved.
2. ET-Docket, (2002), Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC, USA, “Federal Communications Commission revision of Part 15 of the Commission’s rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission system from 3.1 to 10.6 GHz,” pp.98–153.
3. T. Bolin, A. Derneryd, G. Kristensson, V. Plicanic, and Z. Ying,(2005), "Two-antenna receive diversity performance in indoor environment," Electronic. Letter., Vol. 41, no.22, pp.1205-1206.
4. J. Wallace, M. Jensen, A. Swindle Hurst and B. Jeffs, (2003) “Experimental characterization of the MIMO wireless channel: Data acquisition and analysis,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Communication., Vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 335–343.
5. Adnan ali khan, and Shahrukh Khalid,(2010), “capacity estimation of SIMO systems in the presence of co-channel interference”, Journal of engineering and applied sciences university of engineering and technology Peshawar, Vol. 29, pp.1-7.
6. M. S. Khan et al, (2014), “Compact ultra-wideband diversity antenna with a floating parasitic digitized decoupling structure”, Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 747–753.
7. L.kang, H.Li, Xinhuai Wang and Xiaowei Shi, (2015) “Compact offset Microstrip–fed MIMO Antenna for Band–Notched UWB Applications,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless propagation Letters, Vol. 14, pp.1754-1757.
8. N.Malekpour and M.A.Honarvar, (2016), “Design of High-Isolation Compact MIMO Antenna for UWB application,” Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 62, pp.119–129.
9. Q. Li, A. P. Feresidis, M. Mavridou and P. S. Hall, (2015), “Miniaturized double-layer EBG structures for broadband mutual coupling reduction between UWB monopoles,” IEEE Trans. Antenna Propagation, Vol. 63, pp.1168-1171.
10. Tzu-Chun Tang and Ken-Huang Lin, (2014), “An ultra-wideband MIMO antenna with dual band-notched functions,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letter, Vol. 13, pp. 1076–1079.
11. S. Zhang and G. F. Pedersen (2015), “Mutual coupling reduction for UWB MIMO antennas with a wideband neutralization line” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation letters, Vol. 15, pp.166-169.
12. M.V.RBabu,et al.,(2016), “Compact serrated notch band MIMO antenna for applications,” ARPN journal of engineering and applied sciences Vol. 11, pp.4358-4369.
13. S.Tripathi, A.Mohan and S.Yadav, (2014) “A Compact Octagonal shaped Fractal UWB MIMO Antenna with 5.5 GHz Band-notch Characteristics” IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC), pp. 178-181.
14. B. P. Chacko, G. Augustin, and T. A. Denidni, (2013), “Uniplanar polarization diversity antenna for ultra wide band systems”,Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 7, pp. 854–857,
15. J.Y.Siddiqui, C.Saha and Y.M.Antar., (2015), “Compact Dual-SRR Loaded UWB monopole antenna with dual frequency and Wideband Notch characteristics,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letter Vol. 14, pp.100-103.