Setting of Process Parameters and Effect of Mould Quality on Surface Roughness of Pharmaceutical Cup of Polypropylene
Injection molding and extrusion ranks as one of the key processes for the production of plastics components. It is a rapid process and is bring into utilization to produce bulk of identical products ranging from high precision engineering articles to disposable consumer products. As of late, the production of plastic items has expanded quickly in light of the fact that plastic items are low in price, light in weight and quick for shape framing, along these lines making them more in vogue than the metallic products. As a result of mounting plastics applications, growing customer increased, the quality prerequisites of injection molded items have turned out to be progressively extreme. The setting and optimization of key process parameters are acknowledged as important means to deal with liven up the quality of the molded items. Inappropriate or unseemly settings of parameters normally create quality and production issues. Minute changes of significant molding parameters may give an extensive effect to the plastic product’s characteristics and this research paper is also anticipated to lend a hand to the optimization of parameters of vertical plastic injection molding process. In this study, the plastic product has been fabricated using a mould designed in our labs that shows an improved surface roughness which suggests that molding conditions play a vital role in quality of these products.
2.. Moon, H., et al., Application of Taguchi Method in Parametric Study of Injection Molding of Display Front Panel. Journal of Materials Science and Engineering. A, 2011. 1(1A): p. 123.
3. Tomar, S. S., Sinha A. K., and Shrivastava A., Parametric Study of Injection Moulding Using Polypropylene H200mk Grade, International Journal of Science, 2016, 2(3).
4. Ozcelik, B., Ozbay A., and Demirbas E., Influence of injection parameters and mold materials on mechanical properties of ABS in plastic injection molding. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2010. 37(9): p. 1359-1365.
5. Guo, W., et al., Influence of Processing Parameters on Molding Process in Microcellular Injection Molding. Procedia Engineering, 2014. 81: p. 670-675.
6. Akbarzadeh, A. and Sadeghi M., Parameter study in plastic injection molding process using statistical methods and IWO algorithm. International Journal of Modeling and Optimization, 2011. 1(2): p. 141.
7. Oktem, H., T. Erzurumlu, and I. Uzman, Application of Taguchi optimization technique in determining plastic injection molding process parameters for a thin-shell part. Materials & design, 2007. 28(4): p. 1271-1278.
8. Sokkalingam, R. Determining Optimal Moulding Process Parameters by Two Level Factorial Design with Center Points. in Institute of Applied Statistics, Sri Lanka. 2011. Institute of Applied Statistics, Sri Lanka.
9. Tsai, K.-M., Hsieh C.-Y., and Lo W.-C., A study of the effects of process parameters for injection molding on surface quality of optical lenses. Journal of materials processing technology, 2009. 209(7): p. 3469-3477.
10. Kurt, M., et al., Experimental investigation of plastic injection molding: Assessment of the effects of cavity pressure and mold temperature on the quality of the final products. Materials & Design, 2009. 30(8): p. 3217-3224.
11. Yang, S., Zhang R., and Qu X., Optimization and evaluation of metal injection molding by using X-ray tomography. Materials Characterization, 2015. 104: p. 107-115.
12. Xie, X., et al., Effects of process parameters on quality of ultrafine WC/12Co injection molded compacts. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 2015. 48: p. 305-311.
13. Wang, X., et al., Warpage optimization with dynamic injection molding technology and sequential optimization method. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2015. 78(1-4): p. 177-187.
14. Lin, C.-M. and Hsieh H.-K., Processing optimization of Fresnel lenses manufacturing in the injection molding considering birefringence effect. Microsystem Technologies, 2017. 23(12): p. 5689-5695.
15. Kitayama, S., et al., Numerical optimization of process parameters in plastic injection molding for minimizing weldlines and clamping force using conformal cooling channel. Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 2018. 32: p. 782-790.
16. Hamidi, M., et al., A review of biocompatible metal injection moulding process parameters for biomedical applications. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2017. 78: p. 1263-1276.
17. Ozcelik, B. and Erzurumlu T., Comparison of the warpage optimization in the plastic injection molding using ANOVA, neural network model and genetic algorithm. Journal of materials processing technology, 2006. 171(3): p. 437-445.
18. Rosato, D.V. and Rosato M. G., Injection molding handbook. 2012: Springer Science & Business Media.
19. Chen, Z. and Turng L.S., A review of current developments in process and quality control for injection molding. Advances in Polymer Technology: Journal of the Polymer Processing Institute, 2005. 24(3): p. 165-182.